Southern Oregon is such a beautiful place to live. One of the the things that makes it so desirable is the natural beauty found in the Great Outdoors. In Medford, there are many parks and playgrounds that are considered fantastic attractions for people looking to buy and invest in Real Estate here. The following are our Top 5 favorite parks in the city:
- Ruhl Park – Small, but clean and it has something for everyone.
- Holmes Park – This park is larger than the last and features tennis courts, a LARGE field for sports and a big playground.
- Fichtner-Mainwaring Park – This is one of the largest parks in the city. It has everything from a huge playground, to multiple soccer fields, tennis courts, a walking trail, gazebow, volleyball and basketball courts, a splash park for the youngsters and TONS of shade. Definitely worth checking out!
- Bear Creek Park – This park is beloved by most every long time Medford resident, most famously for it’s classic (huge) wooden playground. Recently demolished, we are hopeful that the rebuild will make it bigger and better than ever. During the renovation, this park still boasts PLENTY to do, from lots of fields and gardens, to a skate park, dog park, the Famous Bear Creek, walking trails, a BMX track, Movies and concerts in the Park (in the Summer months), tennis courts and so much more!
- The Railroad Park – This park is a kid’s dream. The park attractions include: full size cars, a caboose, a hopper car, Medco’s “Four Spot” Willamette Locomotive, HO Scale Track/Trains in the clubhouse, a working telegraph system to send and receive telegrams in the compound, and an operating outdoor Garden Railway. If you have “Littles”, this is a MUST SEE!
There you have it! If you have any questions about buying, investing or selling in this area, give us a call, we’d love to help! Please comment below if you have been to any of these parks and if you have any other parks that should be added to our favorites for Medford. Stay tuned for top parks in the surrounding area…