Looking for a new home? The weekend is probably your prime time to get as many showings under your belt as possible. Going into a weekend where you will be seeing so many houses and taking in so much information can be stressful. Here are 5 things to do which should make the process 100x easier:
- Have Your Pre-Approval Letter
In this hot market, it is so important to have your pre-approval letter in hand when you start looking. Houses are coming on and off the market on the SAME DAY…you don’t want to miss out on your dream home because the paperwork was not in place. Additionally,- know what you want to spend. Not everyone wants to finance a house at the top of their approval. Be sure to review your budget and know what you can spend.
- Know What You Want. It’s okay to have questions about what you are looking for in a house. But before you set out on your weekend expedition, it’s important to sit down with your realtor and do some strategizing, looking at the different “musts” you have as you look. It’s better to ask 500 questions before you start looking and see 5 houses that fit your specific needs, than asking only 5 questions and wasting time and gas looking at 500 houses that don’t fit your needs.
- Be Ready to Write an Offer. If you are planning to carve out a weekend to focus on house hunting, you really should be prepared to pounce on your dream home when you find it. If you are unsure about whether or not you are ready to buy, talk with your Agent to discuss your hang ups and brainstorm together. It’s their job to guide you through this process, when you’re ready; NOT drag you through it before you’re ready.
- Know Your Neighborhood. Purchasing your new home is your chance to start building your future. As you set your criteria, try to envision your life in 5,10,15 years. What area of town will fit best with your lifestyle? Make sure to discuss this with your agent, to ease the search process.
- Be caffeinated. Rest assured, your agent will be raring to go help you find your Dream Home. When you head out for your great weekend adventure, make sure to be fueled and ready to go