With home prices going up and buyer demand at a high, some sellers might be tempted to try and sell their homes on their own (FSBO) without using the services of real estate professionals, like the Rutledge Property Group.
We are trained and experienced in negotiation and, in most cases, the seller is not. It’s important to realize that their ability to negotiate will determine whether or not they get the best deal for themselves and their families.
Here is a list of some of the people with whom the seller must be prepared to negotiate if they decide to FSBO:
- The buyer who wants the best deal possible
- The buyer’s agent who solely represents the best interest of the buyer
- The home inspection companies, which work for the buyer and will almost always find some problems with the house
- The buyer’s lender if the structure of the mortgage requires the sellers’ participation
- The appraiser if there is a question of value
- The title company if there are challenges with certificates of occupancy (CO) or other permits
- The town or municipality if you need to get the CO permits mentioned above
- The buyer’s buyer in case there are challenges with the house your buyer is selling
- Your bank in the case of a short sale
We at the rutledge Property Group want only the best for you. We can help you net the most money for your house, just give us a call!